Charles E. Kruse Agricultural Scholarship
The Charles E. Kruse Scholarship has been established to honor this outstanding agricultural leader. Mr. Kruse, a 4th generation farmer from Stoddard County, served in leadership roles throughout his career including President of the Missouri Farm Bureau from 1992-2010. He also served as Director of the Missouri Department of Agriculture and Chief Executive Officer for the North American Equipment Dealers Association.
Kruse, a 1967 graduate of Arkansas State University, majored in agronomy. In 1973, he received his Master of Science Degree in Agronomy from the University of Missouri. He was later appointed by Governor Kit Bond to serve on the University of Missouri Board of Curators.
Kruse was honored many times throughout his career with accolades, degrees and appointments. He also had a distinguished military career during which he achieved the rank of Brigadier General. To encourage students to pursue degrees, and ultimately careers, in agriculture, the Charles E. Kruse Scholarship will provide financial support for one deserving student annually.
Applicants must be:
- Missouri residents and they, their parent(s), or guardians must hold a current Farm Bureau membership in Missouri
- A high school senior enrolling in a 4-year Missouri college or university with a declared major in an agricultural field
- Enrolled in the fall semester of the year in which the scholarship is awarded
All applications must contain the completed form along with the following support documents:
- Letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or school administrator
- Letter of personal reference
- Copy of high school transcript
- Notification of acceptance into the degree program of a 4-year college or university in Missouri
Selection and Award of Scholarship
The following selection criteria will be used to evaluate the scholarship applications:
- Membership in Missouri Farm Bureau
- Acceptance by a Missouri 4-year college/university to pursue degree in an agricultural field of study
- Involvement and leadership in school and community activities
- Deemed a good school citizen by administrators, counselors and teachers
Please complete the form below to apply for the Charles E. Kruse Agricultural Scholarship. If you wish to start the application but complete it later, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save.”