Collegiate Farm Bureau
Missouri Farm Bureau founded the nation’s first collegiate Farm Bureau chapter at the University of Missouri in 1986. This presence has now grown to seven collegiate chapters at the University of Missouri, Missouri State University, Southeast Missouri State University, University of Central Missouri, Truman State University, Northwest Missouri State University and College of the Ozarks.
Each Collegiate Farm Bureau chapter has a faculty advisor and a panel of chapter officers. They hold regular meetings throughout the school year and bring speakers to campus for special events. Members also have the opportunity to attend the MOFB Annual Meeting, MOFB Young Farmers & Ranchers Conference and MOFB’s annual legislative trip to Washington, D.C. They also participate in competitions for agricultural advocacy in which they can win scholarships to fund their ongoing education.
Missouri Farm Bureau focuses on policies at the local, state, and national level. Interns focus on issue areas related to federal policy and other legislative priorities of Missouri Farm Bureau members. Our interns play a crucial role in conducting legislative research, member outreach, and other tasks that are involved with our advocacy activities. Interns have the opportunity to network with policymakers at all levels of government and learn about Missouri Farm Bureau’s policy development process. We do our very best to ensure that interns are able to complete tasks that are of specific interest to them and practice working both independently and as a team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with communications with members of the U. S. Congress, the Missouri General Assembly, and state or federal agencies on issues of concern to our members.
- Research and track federal legislation and regulations.
- Assist with the publication of the Capitol Connection newsletter.
- Respond to member (and non-member) inquires on issues.
- Participate in a variety of special projects.
- Attend and represent MOFB at meetings and events (may involve day trips and limited overnight travel).
Check Career Opportunities for MOFB Internship openings.