MOFB Foundation for Agriculture Vocational Scholarship
The Missouri Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture will award four – $500 scholarships to students pursuing appropriate certification in fields related to and supportive of agriculture. This includes, but is not limited to: 1) Heavy Equipment Operations; 2) Electronics; 3) Welding; and 4) Diesel and Farm Machinery Repair. NOTE: Students pursuing a 4-year degree are not eligible.
This program is a service to Farm Bureau members thus all applicants, their parent(s), or guardian must hold an active membership in Missouri Farm Bureau.
Each recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student starting the fall semester of the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
Applicants must be a student in good academic standing and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Students who are currently enrolled in the program, or students graduating from high school, may make application for the scholarship
Applicants must be:
- Missouri residents and they, their parent(s) or guardians must hold a current Farm Bureau membership.
- Enrolled as a full-time student.
- Enrolled for the fall semester of the year in which the scholarship is awarded.
- Pursuing an associate of applied science degree or certification in a trade related to agriculture as listed above.
Those receiving their high school credentials through General Educational Development (GED) must be in the upper 50 percentile rank score in respect to the population of high school seniors across the United States on a standardized high school equivalency exam.
All applicants must submit 1) a letter of recommendation from a school official (teacher, counselor, or administrator); 2) a letter of personal reference; 3) a letter of recommendation from an employer or work supervisor (if applicable); 4) and a copy of the high school transcript or GED Certificate.
Neither members of the State Board of Directors, employees of Missouri Farm Bureau and Affiliates nor their children are eligible for this scholarship.
Selection and Award of Scholarship
The selection criteria used to evaluate applications for award will be based upon the following:
- Farm Bureau membership.
- Intent to pursue a trade related to agriculture as a career.
- Aptitude toward these related fields as demonstrated through academic achievement in related courses, vocational student organization involvement, and work history where applicable.
- Ability to communicate clearly defined personal goals in a career related to or supporting agriculture.
- Leadership demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities and community involvement.
- Priority is given to first time applicants, but individuals previously awarded this scholarship may reapply.
The stipend will be paid directly to the respective student account at the Institution the student is or will be attending upon verified enrollment. The scholarship may be applied toward the cost of tuition, fees, books, tools, and/or other needs associated with a student’s education in the selected field.
Upon accepting the scholarship, the student agrees to remain enrolled on a full-time basis, attend classes regularly, and maintain a satisfactory academic standing. The recipient must allow their name to be published in local newspapers and the Missouri Farm Bureau Show-Me Magazine. Application must be received at the home office by April 30, 2020.
Please complete the form below to apply for the Vocational Scholarship. If you wish to start the application but complete it later, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save.”